(Accredited by NAAC, Approved by AICTE
& Permanently Affiliated to JNTUH)
Department of MINING
Seminars & Workshops Organized
- Department of Mining Engineering conducted two days National Level Technical symposium Xploit'17 on 13th & 14th March 2017. Sri.A.J.Amarnath, CGM(Retd)-M/s SCCL attended as chief guest. Students from JNTU Manthani, Mallareddy college and Holimary institute of engineering & technology are participated along with JBIET students
- "Mining Engineering Department organised a guest lecture on MINE PLANNING SOFTWARES on 21/01/2017. Speaker: Mr.Amjad Pash from M/s EDS Technologies, Hyderabad" All the 2nd, 3rd and 4th yr mining students are participated.
- Dept of Mining Engineering conducted a national level technical seminar XTRCTO'16 on 10th march 2016. Students from different engineering colleges have participated in the seminar. Guest of Honor was Er.Chandramohan, Member of council, Institution of Engineers, Telangana chapter. Different events like Paper presentation, technical quiz, model presentation, video presentation were conducted on the day.
- Future Prospects For Mining Engineers" on 5th August 2014. Sri.B.Ramesh Kumar, Ex.CMD of NMDC Limited delivered a lecture
- Dr.Mohan Yellishetty (MAusIMM CP-Min), Sr.Lecturer(Mining) from Monash University, Australia visited Mining Engineering Department on 11/07/2014 and interacted with faculty & students of the department. Also given valuable suggestions & guidance to the students regarding their career.
- Dept of Mining Engineering conducted a National Level Technical Fest 2014 on March 15th. More than 90 students from different engineering colleges participated in the event. Total 200 participants were participated in the event. Chief guest was Mr.Lolla Sudhakar, General Manager(Mining, M/s Coastal Projects Ltd, Hyderabad. Many events like Paper Presentation, Technical Quiz, Model Presentation & Art Gallery are conducted as part of the event
- A seminar for the students of both 2nd and 3rd year Mining in the month of December. The speakers are Mr. K.Ramchandra Reddy, Professor of NIT-Suratkal(Karnataka) and Mr. Sathish, Manager in Infosys(Hyderabad). The speakers have discussed about the career path of the students and gave a good guidance to them.
- Department of Mining Engineering was conducted a workshop on "Latest Developments on Underground Coal Mining" on 07-03-2014
- Guest Lecture on “Career in Mining Industry” Dr. K. Ramchander Reddy, Associate Prof. NIT Suratkal on 12 December 2013