(Accredited by NAAC, Approved by AICTE
& Permanently Affiliated to JNTUH)
Department of MINING
- Sri. Ch. Veera Reddy, Professor, Dept of Mining Engineering, Presented and published a paper on “Slope Stability Issues in Godavary Valley Coalfields – Case Studies” in All India Seminar on “Slope Stability Issues in Opencast Mining and Civil Engineering (SSIOMCE/15) at NIT Rourkela during July 25-26, 2015.
- Sri. B. Vidyasagar, Asst.Professor, Dept of Mining Engg., Published a Paper on “Highwall Mining” in Mining Engineers Journal (An organ of Mining Engineering Association of India). MEJ- March 2015 issue, Vol.16, Page 19 to 22 & 27.
- Dr. P.Hanmanth Reddy HOD was invited to chair a technical session on “Sedimentary Basins of Peninsular India –Tectonics and Mineralization” on 19th February 2015 by Geological Survey of India Southern Region, Hyderabad. Two day event i.e., 18th & 19th February 2015 was conducted by Ministry of Mines and Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India. He accepted the invitation and presided over the Technical session on 19th February 2015 from 10:00AM To 12:30PM. This Regional Brainstorming Session was conducted on eve of 36th International Geological Congress, will be held at New Delhi 2020.
- Dr. P. Hanmanth Reddy, HOD (Mining) delivered lecture at Geological Survey of India Training Institute, Hyderabad on 10th November 2014 on the following topics.
- In forenoon session: Depositional sedimentary environments (11AM to 1:30PM)
- Afternoon session: Sedimentary structures and their significance Statistical analysis on grain size data (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM).
- Those lectures were delivered at refreshers course in sedimentary petrography and heavy minerals studies conducted by the GSI, Hyderabad from 10th November to 19th November 2014 in Hyderabad.
- Sri. K. Srinivas Rao, Associate Professor breguet replica watches , Mining Engineering Department got first prize in an essay competition on “Engineer in 2040” Which was conducted on 15th September 2014, on the occasion of the Engineers days. The competition was among faculty members of JBIET Hyderabad.